Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One Year Anniversary

When 28 MARCH 2008 arrived marking a year in London I thought back to when I first got here realized how far I had come. I had the job I wanted, a flat in my favourite part of London, (Notting Hill) complete with one of the communal gardens made famous in the movie Notting Hill.  I had survived 2 hospital visits, 3 moves (and a crazy flatmate), and the morning commute in London. I met some great people some of whom became friends. Learned how to find my way around London (and home on the night bus). Got to know new parts of town and became very accustomed to the fantastic shopping and great clothes.  Learned to walk anywhere in high heels. And finally I didn't miss the Canadian winter one bit and love spring time in England.

I didn't get to travel as much as I would have liked but there is plenty of time for that, and just knowing Europe is a short flight away makes me happy.

No comments: