Friday, November 26, 2010

UK Winter

Winter in England is a breeze compared to the snow, ice, freezing rain and freezing cold weather I grew up with. I come from a part of Canada that has  milder winters than most other parts of Canada.  When people used to ask me about it in England I would say our winters were pretty messy but mild.  Now that I know what they think is cold over here my new answer is "you would die!".  Having said that I'm not sure I could handle a winter back home myself any more.

I have learned when in England if they talk about a blizzard they are referring to the fact it is just snowing (sometimes not that hard), I've stopped expecting anyone (even the train stations) will clear the snow away from the side walks in front of their shops or houses (or train platforms), and most likely the city of London will grind to a halt under 5cm of snow, amusing the first time it happens, not so much the 3rd and 4th times. The upside, the snow makes London look very pretty.


January 2009 Annie in the park across from the flat. 


Camden High Street 



Warming up in the Hawley Arms with Nat and Annie

1 comment:

Leilani said...

The snow does look very pretty! And if you think they would die in Nova Scotia winters, they would freeze on contact here in Quebec! ;)